Tuesday 29 June 2010

Jewelry




A last pic from the weekend, the woods behind the summerplace we stayed at.
Some of my jewelry, mostly rings in a glass cabinet from Iittala I got as an graduation gift from R's brother and wife ♥

Plexiglass pieces in different colours, I got plenty of them in all colours! Think I've posted something about them here before last year.
Want to make something of them, last year I made a temporary, simple necklace. I might want to cut them into shapes. But how to cut plexiglass??

Do check out Sunken Treasure's new necklaces! I want!

6 comments:

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I've been wondering about the pleviglas but I really don't have any advice. If it were metal I'd say put it into acid. But with plexi it would be a terribly bad idea I think. I love the collection of rings :)

Brit said...

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the plexiglass... What a fun necklace it would make!

idalina said...

Jag tror tyvärr att plexiglas måste sågas med nån typ av vattenstråle för att få fina raka kanter. Vi funderade i något skede på att montera bilder på plexi och då sa de det.. Men om det inte är så viktigt att kanterna är skarpa och genomskinliga så kan man såga det med nån typ av såg, kanske en metallsåg? Eftersom jag håller på och gör ett draperi av spelkort just nu så tänkte jag genast på att det skulle bli ett fint draperi om man satt "nyckelringsringar" mellan :)

Anonymous said...

Kiva kun pidät rasiasta :)
E

Malin said...

Den klara asken står högt upp på min önskelista, den är så fin. Detta är den större varianten va?
Ha det fint!
/Malin

gracia said...

I used to have a necklace made of similar... it was from my Dad's art school days. I wonder where it is now?

Good luck finding a way to cut that material. When I made art pieces from perspex I always had it laser cut.